Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 15 & 16: Too many carbs

Since starting this diet every morning I wake up craving eggs and meat. Occasionally, I'll have an apple as well, but as you can see I mostly have eggs and Canadian bacon. Well, on days 15 and 16, all I wanted was bread!

Now I know that I've complained before here about wanting carbs and bread and potato chips, but it's been worse than ever lately. I'm thinking that this is the hump that I need to get over.

So to compensate for my cravings, I've been eating a lot. It got me to wondering whether it's better to eat a lot of good food, or a little of bad food; thinking, "well, it won't kill me if I have, like, five potato chips!"

Somehow I resisted the potato chips, but instead have eaten about 4 sweet potatoes in the past couple days. Mostly, I've cooked them as fries, which technically isn't bad since they're baked, but there's a lot of oil and salt involved. While I make it with coconut oil (which is good for you), extra salt isn't really encouraged on this diet. So because of the extra carbs I've been eating, and all the salt, I've been hovering around the same weight. So it's time to get over the bread cravings and just eat like I'm supposed to!

Also, I've been under the weather lately, which is another reason why I've been eating more. Typically, when I'm sick I eat pasta and mashed potatoes; lots of comfort food. Of course, sweet potatoes are really good for you. So at least I have that going for me, lol.

Other than that, it's been business as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment