Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 18: Best day so far

Success! Day 18 was marvelous and busy!

I ended up having three eggs for breakfast since I was out of bacon and running severely low on any paleo goodies. Also, I've been waking up super early lately, like at 3 or 4AM. So by the time the grocery stores were open I was a starving monster. And I mean a monster. I was about to eat anything. But I somehow resisted.

At around 11, my mom and I headed out to the grocery store, but we were so hungry at that point. Obviously, most restaurants that are open at 11AM are breakfast places, and it's really hard to find a completely paleo meal. And there is no way that I would be able to resist a pile of pancakes next to bacon and sausage! So we stopped at Petco and Target first.

Amazingly, at Target I found unsweetened freeze-dried banana slices. No longer will I be picking up a bag of potato chips and having an inner struggle! They're crunchy and super sweet. They have tons of sugar in them (I'm guessing they freeze-dried them when they were very ripe, as the sugar content in a banana is at it's highest then). So they're a very rare treat, but they crunch just like potato chips! Which is amaze-balls!

After Target, we were both so hungry we decided to get a bite to eat before going to the grocery store. We all know that you should never go food shopping when you're hungry! We ended up going to Outback Steakhouse. Luckily, Outback is an awesome place to get a meal while on this diet, since they have a lot of great meals with not a whole lot of carbs. I ordered some sort of surf and turk dish. A 6 oz sirloin (medium rare, cause I eat like a man) with shrimp and scallops. It came with green beans and a mango salsa, which was amazing. No butter obviously, since I can't eat diary. I ate the entire thing! I felt amazing after eating it because I was so hungry beforehand. I hadn't eaten for about 8 hours before that! No bueno!

Then we went to Costco and Stop & Shop. Got lots of good food!

I actually didn't end up eating dinner. Lunch filled me up so much that I wasn't even remotely hungry by the time dinner rolled around. I ended up going to bed at about 8PM, because that's how fun-filled my life is! lol

Luckily, since cutting out starchy veggies I've lost one more pound. Looks like I'm back on track!

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment