Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2: Much easier

Today I woke up more prepared than yesterday! I planned out my meals in advance.

This is key to being successful... Plan every meal in advance. If not the day before, than the week before! And it's important to keep paleo friendly treats on hand, like almonds or carrots. Today I had an apple which curbed my sweet tooth in the afternoon.

So I weighed myself this morning when I woke up, and in the span of about 24 hours on this diet, the scale told me I've lost 3 pounds. I'm going to take this with a grain of salt, based on what I was wearing and water consumption, lol. But I'll be sure to post about weight loss. This diet is primarily to help me feel better and feel less bloated. Weight loss is definitely an added bonus.

I started the day with 3 eggs and 2 slices of Canadian bacon. I know what you're thinking... holy cholesterol! As someone who doesn't have cholesterol issues, having eggs for breakfast isn't a big deal. Typically, the recommended amount is 2 eggs, but hey, I was hungry. Plus, I don't plan on having eggs every morning. And Canadian bacon is great because it's so much leaner than regular bacon. The only bummer about either of these foods is that they get cold really fast after cooking them.

So I scarfed down my breakfast and I was super full, which is exactly what protein is supposed to do.

I wasn't hungry until around 3PM, which is when I ate an apple. I didn't have anything else to eat after that since I wasn't sure what my family and I were planning for dinner and when we would be eating. We decided to order out.

Now this is terribly difficult, especially since I normally get a personal pizza and/or buffalo chicken tenders. I'm a pig! Instead of ordering what I normally got, I got a buffalo grilled chicken salad with no dressing. I was planning on sprinkling some balsamic vinegar on it, but when I opened the box it had a ton of chicken and buffalo sauce on it, which served well as a dressing. Also, olives! I can never get enough olives!

To curb my sugar craving afterwards, I just had a spoonful of honey. Luckily, that was enough. So today I didn't have any crazy cookie cravings, but I feel like I haven't been eating enough veggies so far. So tomorrow I'm definitely going to snack on more vegetables.

I'm also going to get more creative in what I eat, and will also be including recipes. 

Off to day 3! ~ Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment