Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 6: Can't I just have a normal day?

I woke up at around 2:30AM and couldn't get back to sleep. At around 6AM I decided to stop fighting with myself to get back to sleep and just got up.

I posted yesterday that I was basically out of food, so all I had was leftover pork tenderloin and carrot juice for breakfast. At about 9:30 I left the house to go grocery shopping.

I cannot believe that I found coconut palm sugar at Stop & Shop! Super excited to make some sweet treats with that! But I got a whole lot of veggies and ingredients to make some new dishes, since I'm really sick of the same old salads and breakfasts I've been eating. I'll be sure to post recipes.

So when I got back from the store, we had lost power, and didn't have any electricity. No clue why, but to make a long story short, it didn't get turn on til around 8:30PM.

For the afternoon, I ate an apple and a cold unsatisfying can of salmon. Yeah, a can. When the power still wasn't on by dinnertime we decided to go out to eat.

I have to say, as small as this is, I'm super proud of myself that I didn't partake in the bread eating or eggplant fries, lol. Obviously bread and anything fried is off limits. I even reached for the bread multiple times and had to stop myself and think about what I was doing. I ordered grilled chicken and veggies, no butter. It was okay, but I could have definitely made better chicken myself.  And the veggies were overcooked.

I feel bad because I broke down and ordered a glass of wine. I love wine. And I read that if you were to order any alcoholic beverage while eating paleo, order wine. So I had a glass of wine! So sue me, lol! I probably won't be drinking for the reminder of the 30 days though... maybe...

When we got home from dinner, the power was back on. I had a glass of tea and a lot of water to try and wash away the extremely unsatisfying meal.

So tomorrow starts a new day! I'll be making kale chips, amongst other goodies!

Nighty-night!

~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment